Custom Search
Holi Rae: Runway Love

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Runway Love

I know there are tons of ladies out there like me who are just waiting for that Runway Love. What I mean is the one man you will walk down that aisle with? I'm in my early 3os and still am without a hubby and at times its quite depressing.



As girls in middle school, high school and college, we spend all this time deciding upon wedding colors and to think I may never get that opportunity to walk down that runway with my man in my awesome colors. By the time I got to college, I had narrowed down my colors to pale yellow and creamy white. I know weird, but hey its my (imaginary wedding).



I get so tired of people trying to play match maker. Those are the worst kind. Runway Lover, where the hell are you? We should be toasting drinks together, praying together, and loving each other. What the hell are you doing? In somebody's elses runway or what? At any rate, I'll be waiting because I refuse to settle for anyone less than the BEST.

People are constantly asking why, "Why aren't you married?" That freeken question drives me insane. The hell if I know. I immediatly wanna say, why are you divorced? I'd rather be single and sane than married and insane. Don't ask dumb azz questions.

I want my marriage to last. I don't know. I keep thinking this is God's devine plan to keep me single as long as possible until he feels I'm deserving of that Runway Love. And when I get him, Imma run down the aisle just like Kunta Kinte ran from the white man (as fast as a runnaway slave). Imma be running happy and in love to get to my man at the other end of the runway.

Its the holidays and here I am going to spend another holiday alone, or at least with someone who I'm not quite sure will accompany me down that runway. Is there any other ladies out there feeling like this or is it just me? Talk to me girls. I'm needing some positive feedback to lift my spirits.

No comments: